We’re here for LGBTQ+ men’s sexual health
Sex can be a lot of fun! Having the language and knowledge to do it safely can maximise everyone’s enjoyment. Emen8 covers a range of sexual health topics, including HIV and STI testing, what to do if you are diagnosed with an STI, as well as PrEP and how to use it. We’ve got you covered because good sexual health emanates.
Why is sexual health important for LGBTQ+ men?
For the same reason that your overall health is important! There are a range of tools available to help reduce the risk of HIV and STI transmission (such as PrEP, PEP and undetectable viral load). Knowing how they can fit into your sexual activity means you can play as much as you like with confidence. And if an STI does come knocking, you’ll know exactly what to do next.
Want to jump into sexual health? Here’s a few articles to get you started (wink!):
How can I achieve good sexual health?
That’s entirely up to you! We’re here to provide you with the tools and knowledge to make your own decisions about sexual health. Choose the combination that’s right for you, based on your sexual activity and circumstances:
- Condoms: A condom is a tight-fitting sheath worn over the penis, made of very thin latex (rubber) or plastic.
- PrEP: A medication that can help protect you from getting HIV.
- PEP: A 28-day course of medication you can take to stop you from getting HIV if you think you’ve been exposed.
- UVL / Undetectable Viral Load: UVL stands for undetectable viral load – also known as being undetectable.
- HIV and STI Testing: Testing regularly for HIV and STIs is an important part of looking after your sexual health.
Learn more about Emen8
We recognise that LGBTQ+ men’s lives are diverse, that our experiences are broad, and that wellbeing isn’t just about how we have sex. That’s why we cover news, travel, culture, wellbeing and so much more! Learn more about Emen8 here.